Frequently Asked Questions
All you need to know about the Etisalat Internet Calling Plans “Free ICP promo”
What is the “Free ICP promo”?
To support our customers during this period of the Covid-19 pandemic, Etisalat is giving all its customers free access to the ICP apps till 31st May 2020
With this offer, all Etisalat customers who subscribe to any of the Monthly Internet Calling Plans (Mobile Prepaid, Mobile Postpaid or eLife) will be able to use any of the supported VoIP apps at no charge in April and May.
Customers who subscribe during this period will also get free unlimited data for using any of the supported apps in April and May.
What is the duration of this “Free ICP promo”?
The free access is for April and May which means up to 61 days. Customers will not be charged during this period:
For Example: If you activate Free ICP on 1.4., you will enjoy 61 days, if you activate Free ICP on 15.5 you will enjoy only 17 days.
From 1.6. (after the promotion end date) you will be charged the regular monthly rental
Applicable for both Mobile and e-Life Home Broadband customers
If I activate the Free ICP offer on 30.5., will I get 61 days of Free ICP from the activation date?
No. If you activate Free ICP on 30.5., you will get only 2 days of Free ICP. 1.6. you will be charged the regular monthly rental
What happens after the free period?
After the free period, rental fee charging on all ICP plans will resume:
However you can choose to continue to use the Internet Calling Plan service for AED 50 (+ 5% VAT) for Mobile, AED 100(+5% VAT) for e-Life.
If you do not want to be charged for ICP rental fees, you can unsubscribe from the service.
How I can subscribe to the offer?
SMS ICP to 1012 or dial *101# or use the My Etisalat UAE App to subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan for mobile and activate the offer.
SMS EICP to 1012 from the registered mobile number for e-Life or call 125 or use My Etisalat App to subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan for e-Life and activate the offer
After receiving your confirmation message, download any one of the supported apps from iOS or Play Store and register with your mobile number. Start using the apps to get unlimited access to app-to-app voice and video calls. Once subscribed, you can enjoy ICP till 31.5.2020 without any rental charge.
How I can Opt-out from the offer?
- To cancel your Free Internet Calling Plan subscription during the Free ICP promotion period (May, April), do the following:
- Mobile ICP: SMS C FMICP to 1012 or go to My Etisalat UAE App
- eLife ICP: SMS CFEICP to 1012 or go to My Etisalat UAE Ap
Can I use this offer on my eLife Home Broadband?
- Yes, you can use it for eLife Home Broadband too.
Who is eligible for the ICP Free Access offer?
The following customers are eligible:
- All Mobile Prepaid Customers
- All Mobile Postpaid Customers
- All eLife Home Broadband Customers
I am an existing ICP customer. What will happen to my rental charges?
- If you are an existing ICP customer, you will continue to get charged the monthly rental.
- However, if you wanted to receive the Free ICP offer, you need to deactivate existing ICP and opt-in again during the promotion period to get the Free ICP offer
Currently, there is an Unlimited VoIP data promotion going on. Will I continue to get the Unlimited VoIP data promotion benefits if I activate this Free ICP offer?
- Yes, you will continue to get the benefits. No changes to the existing data benefits and other Terms and Conditions.
What is the unlimited data promotion on Internet Calling Plans?
Existing and new subscribers in the monthly postpaid or prepaid internet calling plan will enjoy unlimited data for 12 months to make voice and video calls with the supported apps such as Voico UAE, HiU Messenger and C’Me at no extra fees. This is a limited time promotion.
How do I get the unlimited data promotion on Internet Calling Plans?
For existing and new subscribers on the postpaid or prepaid monthly internet calling plan, no action is required as the unlimited data will be added automatically to their Internet Calling Plan to use for voice and video calls with the supported apps.
What is etisalat Internet Calling Plan (ICP)?
The etisalat Internet Calling Plans allow Prepaid and Postpaid users as well as eLife home users to make free unlimited video calls with anyone in the world using one of the available supported apps – ToTok, Voico UAE, HiU Messenger and C’Me – in the App Store and Google Play Store. You can subscribe to either, or both, of the Internet Calling Plans below:
• Internet Calling Plan for Mobile: Use this plan with your mobile data package (Prepaid or Postpaid) to make voice and video calls while on the move
• Internet Calling Plan for eLife: make voice and video calls from your eLife home Wi-Fi network
How can I activate the service?
- For mobile users, subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan through My Etisalat UAE appor texting ‘ICP’ to 1012
• For eLife Home users, subscribe to the Internet Calling Plan through:
– My Etisalat UAE app
– calling 125 from your home landline
– calling 101 or texting ‘EICP’ to 1012 from your mobile number that is registered with your eLife account
• Download any of the registered supported apps available in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
• You are ready to access unlimited video calls, as well as texting anyone who has the same application, across the globe.
It’s important to remember:
– All devices connected to the eLife home Wi-Fi will be able to use the supported apps with an active eLife Internet Calling Plan subscription
– If you are using the Mobile Internet Calling Plan, the data consumption will be charged from your mobile data package
How do I unsubscribe from the Internet Calling Plan?
Who is eligible for Internet Calling Plans?
- All Mobile Prepaid & Postpaid users – consumer and business
• All eLife Home Wi-Fi users
What are the charges and how will it be billed?
Mobile Internet Calling Plan: AED 50 per month.
• Prepaid: The fee is deducted from your mobile account and the plan is valid for 30 days. The service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe.
• Postpaid: The fee is billed monthly and the service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe. When you add the plan for the first time, you will be charged on a prorated basis until the end of your bill cycle.
eLife Internet Calling Plan: AED 100 per month
• eLife: The fee is billed monthly and the service is automatically renewed and will remain active until you choose to unsubscribe. When you add the plan for the first time, you will be charged on a prorated basis until the end of your bill cycle
What are the data consumption rates for video/audio calls?
Data consumption rates are based on the call quality, which is determined by internet speed.
Does subscribing to the Mobile Internet Calling Plan grant me free mobile data?
Yes. If you subscribe to the monthly Mobile Internet Calling Plan for postpaid or prepaid then you will get free mobile data that you can use to make voice and video calls on the supported apps.
Can I use any data packages with my Mobile Internet Calling Plan?
Yes, you can use your Mobile Internet Calling Plan while roaming on etisalat mobile data. Data will be charged at standard roaming rates or from your data roaming package, if you have subscribed to it.
Do the supported apps users, who live outside the UAE, need to subscribe to the Internet Calling Plans?
No, only etisalat users should subscribe to any of the Internet Calling Plans, whether Mobile or eLife. The users outside of the UAE, whom you want to call or text, only need to download the same supported app.
What subscription do I need to start using any of supported applications to call my family and friends members inside UAE who are etisalat users?
- Make sure to download one of the supported applications – ToTok, Voico UAE, HiU Messenger and C’Me – that you wish to use
2. Ask you friends and family members to download the same app
3. Make sure that both users have an internet connection
4. As etisalat users, you both need to make sure that you are subscribe to one of the Internet Calling plans that fits you
5. You can now start making and receiving calls
Can I use the supported apps to make voice and video calls while connected to public Wi-Fi, such as in shopping malls, restaurants, etc.?
No, you cannot use Internet Calling Plans while connecting to a public Wi-Fi.
If the eLife Internet Calling Plan is active on my eLife account, can all members connected to the same Wi-Fi use the supported apps to make voice and video calls?
Yes, if the Internet Calling Plan is active on the eLife account, then all users of the supported apps connected to that Wi-Fi can make voice and video calls.
Can I subscribe to the Mobile Internet Calling Plan and the eLife Internet Calling Plan at the same time?
Yes, you can subscribe to both types of the Internet Calling Plans at the same time and you will be charged for each plan separately.
I am not receiving notifications when the app is closed, in the background, or if my screen is locked. What should I do?
Some Android devices have an option to restrict notifications or background activities of apps due to battery optimisation features. Please make sure your battery optimisation function is off if your device has such feature. Also, please make sure you enable floating and lock screen notifications.
I have sent the subscription SMS to subscribe for ICP for eLife. The package has not been added. What should I do?
If the contact number is registered to more than one eLife account, the request will be rejected. You can use any other activation channels.
I am migrating my line. Does it affect my ICP subscription?
You will lose ICP add-on and you should subscribe once more after migration takes place.
Will the apps work on iPads?
Yes, Just choose “Show iPad & iPhone Apps” in the iPad App store.
Will the ICP work on the clone SIM (Multi-SIM)?
Yes, it will work on all SIM cards.