FAQs and Special Terms
- What is the free SIM offer?
For a limited time only, you can save AED 125 when you get any of our Other Postpaid Plans online. This means that you won’t have to pay the activation fee of your line.
- If I’m an existing prepaid customer, can I move to these plans?
Yes, you can move to any of the mentioned plans. More Time and Extra/Easy Social Credit balances can be transferred onto your new plan.
- If I’m an existing postpaid customer, can I move to these plans?
Yes you can move to any of the mentioned plans, but if you have a contract commitment you will need to terminate it and sign for one of the new contracts.
- How will I be charged if I move to a new plan in the middle of my bill cycle?
Your charges for any uncompleted bill cycle will be prorated. Your benefits for that month, excluding data, will also be prorated.
- If I’m an existing postpaid customer, can I add additional data to my existing postpaid plan?
Yes, you can subscribe to the Extra Data Offer by signing a 12 or 24-month contract with no additional charges to your current monthly fee.
- What if I am subscribed to the Extra Data Offer, and I want to upgrade my plan?
You can upgrade to any Smart or Emirati Plan during the contract. Once upgraded, you’ll enjoy the higher data allowance with your new plan.
- After my contract expires, how can I renew it in order to continue recieving the Extra Data Offer?
Before your contract expires you’ll receive an SMS from us informing you about the contract expiry date.
- What is the promotion on Smart Plan 300 and Emirati Plan 300 ?
The promotion on Smart Plan 300 and Emirati Plan 300 is for a limited time. Customers who sign up for Smart Plan 300 and Emirati Plan 300 will get a discount of AED 50 on their monthly fee.
- Who can get this promotion?
All new and existing customers can get this offer.
- I’m an existing postpaid customer. How will I be charged if I move to Smart/Emirati Plan 300 in the middle of my bill cycle?
Your bill for your new plan will be prorated. The benefits for that month (excluding data) will also be prorated.
- Can I migrate between Smart Plan 300 and Emirati Plan 300 and still keep the offer?
Yes, you can move between the two plans and still enjoy the offer until it expires.
- What happens if my account is suspended and then reactivated?
You’ll still enjoy the AED 50 discount.
- What can I use the monthly Flexi Minutes for?
The monthly Flexi Minutes can be used for any of the below:
- National calls (calls within the UAE)
- International calls (applicable to 173 destinations )
iii. Roaming incoming calls ( applicable in 173 countries )
- What do I need to know about roaming incoming calls?
When receiving a call while roaming, there are two kinds of charges:
- a) The cost of the call forward from the UAE to wherever you are. This is charged by du.
- b) The cost to deliver the call to you locally. This is charged by the roaming network that you are on.